24 Field Focus - Are you the one?
Quote to ponder:
“I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go before us? Then said I, Here I am; send me.” Isaiah the prophet from Isaiah 6:8
Pastor Massillon Baptist Temple
Missionary to South Africa 1996-2006
- How do you know you have been called?
- “Not me, you've got the wrong number”
- “I'll go anywhere but Africa”
- There's someone better, but they didn't surrender
- A 20 foot shipping crate, a wife and 4 children
- Turning a “preaching point” into a church
- God's 99 year lease in South Africa
- African time is always an hour later
- A destiny that started 10,000 miles away with one man's prayer for a missionary to come
- 2006's good-bye trip back to South Africa
Pastor Thayer shares the call, and his surrender to go to South Africa to preach the gospel and build a lasting legacy for God among the Botswana people group. Shortly after their conversion in 1988, he and his wife Kelly began to prepare for the mission field. Little did Pastor Thayer know that at the time of his surrender to be a missionary, there in South Africa a Christian man had begun praying that someone would come to give the Gospel to his parents. Despite his lack of background Pastor Thayer believed he was the one God spoke to as one missionary called out for one more. This interview will be affirmation to anyone who wonders if they heard God’s call on their life to surrender to foreign missions. There is still one third of the worlds' population that has never heard a clear presentation of the Gospel. Over a billion who have never heard the name of Jesus. We believe the words of Brother KP Yohannan, president and founder of Gospel for Asia, that everyone deserves a chance to hear the Gospel once before anyone else hears it twice.
We value your imput and questions! Please comment and share this episode with you friends using the Social Media Icons below. Thank You Rob Coburn and Yvonne Herring