Quote to ponder: “They thought we were worth it.” Reflections of an adult orphan from Russia regarding those Christians who came to stay, not just to visit.
Katrina Yoder - Reflections of Hope
Missionary to the Orphan
- Recapping one year later after our 1st interview, Episode # 13
- Chita, Siberia – another 6 ½ hour flight east from Moscow
- Katrina' 2nd year serving the orphan in Chita
- Social orphans of drug addiction and alcoholism
- Foster care option a new paradigm
- Minimal adoptions, a life without hope
- Emotional poverty, the walking wounded
- Aging out of the orphanage with vulnerabilities
- Dormitories of young adults with the same woundedness
- Only 1 in 10 will make it in the world outside the orphanage
- What is different about the one who makes it?
- Who will be the one to make that difference?
- Building relationships now that will be a bridge when they leave
- Where there is someone waiting there is hope
Never heard of Chita, Siberia? It is often God who introduces us to places we would otherwise never hear about. Chita seemed to find Katrina, and now she is seeing this city more and more as home.
Quote to Ponder –“God had shifted my direction. But actually he brought me back…back to the same place I couldn’t get into.” – Katrina Yoder