This message is controversial to some and just so you know it comes from many years watching the relationships between the missionary and supporter. Missionaries are in a small business, which denies common logic. They are selling a product “themselves/cause” and need to be very proficient at it. This post will help.
Two things every missionary needs to know:
Quote to ponder:
“God is so thoughtful. He remembers our dreams and our visions long after we've forgot them.” Yvonne Herring
Rob and Yvonne look back on an abundant first year with the new Field Focus missionary minded radio program.
Are you sitting in Church and thinking to yourself that God isn't doing anything? Just open your windows and open your eyes. God is doing awesome and amazing things! God is so alive. He is moving in a way that maybe he has never moved before.
In October 2010 Yvonne and Rob worked together on a missionary DVD presentation and in the process merged our dreams and strengths with a vision to connect Christians to the mission field by way of on-line radio interviews that high light the people and ministries in a way that would both inspire and challenge the listener. The heart beat of Field Focus is best captured by
We all, at one time or another, have to build a team to accomplish our calling more effectively. Missionaries I work with struggle with keeping their team motivated and active while they are in the field. This is not only an issue with missionaries. In any organization you will see that people will fade or not even accept the position they are qualified for.
Quote to ponder: “Way back at the start before there was time, the God of the universe had you in mind”. - Susan Moody “When we know whose we are, we can live out who we are.” - Rob Coburn
Our Guests: Susan Moody - Author, Minister, Speaker, Self Esteem Seminar Leader; Bobby Johnson - Artist, Illustrator
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made – A children's book about the why of self-esteem
- Grades 1-4 reading level
- Psalm 139's message of worth
- Grown up lessons in a child's story
- Two sisters, two sets of gifts, converging passions, and a single dream and vision
- The expressive art form of cut paper sculpture illustrations
- Special 10% off discount offer to listeners - Code "FUSION"
While preparing my goals for the new year, I was reviewing my set from the past few years. I began to question why have i accomplished so much more the last few years than in previous ones. The answer to my question was laying on the floor in front of me. In the previous years, I would make a resolution and within a few weeks I would begin to miss little pieces of it and before long it was completely forgotten.
Quote to ponder - It was Mark Twain who said, If you spend all day telling a fishthat he can climb a tree, you're going to drive yourself crazy and the fish is going to think you're stupid.
Our Guest: Tim Davis, Author, Speaker, Trainer and Business Coach
"An Event Planner 2,600 years ago – It was an Ethiopian who cared enough about a Jewish prophet to plead for his life and plan the event that rescued Jeremiah out of the dungeon where the man of God sank in the mire." - Jeremiah Chapter 38
Our Guest: Janene Buckley-Ala, Native Australian, Missionary to Thailand, Eagle's Rest Ministries
- The Asian National Christian Care and Evangelism workers facing poverty and persecution
- Referrals to Eagles Rest from varied Christian organizations
- A sponsorship based respite care for the servants of God
- Missions outside of the box – ministering to those who minister
- The team – Janene, husband Rommel (native Philippine Pastor), 3 daughters, and one son
- The dreams and the heartbreaks that birthed this ministry
- The counter cultural concept of rest and renewal
- Out of the dungeon of despair into the light and wholeness
- The humble mind set of the average Asian Christian care worker
- The frailties of flesh and blood that cannot be ignored
- The value of individual time and attention, matching needs and resources
- Witnessing the God of the impossible move at Eagle's Rest
- An open door and invitation to serve the servants of God in Thailand – Plan your event!
- Plan a sponsorship from where you are
Today's blog post is different from most of mine to this date. I am sitting in my office today pondering who might the recipient of our family Christmas Jar this year. What will this do for them and their family and will this tradition spread to people in their future. Let me start from the beginning...
Three or four years ago, I was listening to Glenn Beck and he spoke about a Book titled "Christmas Jars". I read this story myself and then proceded to read it to my wife and two girls. You will have to read it for yourself, but we gathered the idea of filling a jar with change throughout the year and giving it to a needy family each year as a family. We have done this now a few years and each year as the children get older they take more of an active role in selecting the recipient of our gift. Last year we broke the $116 dollar amount and helped a local family on Christmas Eve.
Each year after the Christmas Eve service at our church we
Our Guest - Melissa Munnell, Minister of Congregational Care, First Baptist Church of Massillon, Ohio, Stephen Ministrey Director, Singer/Songwriter
Quote to Ponder - “Oh that thou wouldst bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldst keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!” The Prayer of Jabez …. And God granted him that which he requested. (1 Chronicles 4:10)